We will have had darker futures
If one dreams of ecstasy and lameness
If one dreams of going and never really getting anywhere on a little path through other things
We Will Have Had Darker Futures attempts to weave together past, present and future and to mix it all up into a time loop allowing our sense of temporality to be blurred.
We Will Have Had Darker Futures thinks of possible futures through daydreaming, language, and dance while emphasizing the passage of time in the act of collective finger knitting.
We Will Have Had Darker Futures is a short term detachment, a visionary parallel reality that contemplates the bounds between past and present.
“Crocheting against the apocalypse. […] Even the utter dystopian can at the end take a turn towards the utopian.” Sydsvenskan 28.02.2018 (in Swedish)
Workshop We Will Have Had Darker Futures
We will provide a space for shared creativity, where we knit and collectively daydream. We will play games through conversation and imagination, playing with our sense and experiences of future, past and present.
- Concept, choreography & performance: Katie Vickers, Inga Huld Hákonardóttir and Rebecka Stillman
- Light design: Clive Mitchell
- Costumes: Wim Muyllaert, Katie Vickers, Inga Huld Hákonardóttir and Rebecka Stillman
- Scenography: Ken Van De Mierop, Wim Muyllaert, Mathilda Perrot (intern)
- Sound: Ruben Nachtergaele, Katie Vickers, Inga Huld Hákonardóttir and Rebecka Stillman
- Artistic advice: Dries Douibi
- Thank you: Albert Quesada, Sofie Durnez and Eleanor Bauer
- Production: Kosmonaut
- Co-Production: DeSingel, MDT Stockholm
- with the support of the Province of Antwerp, Reykjavik City, The Swedish Arts Grants Committee, wpZimmer, ccBerchem, de School van Gaasbeek and The Swedish Arts Council
About Inga Hákonardóttir
Inga Huld Hákonardóttir, was born in Höfn í Hornarfirði, Iceland, and lives in Brussels where she works as a choreographer, dancer and performer. She studied dance from an early age in Reykjavík, and later entered The Palucca Hochschule fur Tanz...
About Katie Vickers
Katie Vickers is an American artist who lives in Brussels. She is a 2014 graduate of P.A.R.T.S. and 2010 graduate of The Ohio State University. She has danced for and with Daniel Linehan (USA), Martin Nachbar (GE), Benjamin Vandewalle (BE), Vera Tussing (GE),...
No upcoming events
Past tour dates
WORKSHOP at Septemberfestival
We keep you in touch with our artists, projects and organisation. Only when we have something to talk about. We hate spam just as much as you do.