In troubled times it feels reassuring to be able to say that we have solid ground under our feet. When you lose that ground from under your feet, the self-image gets out of balance. In TRANSMUTE, familiar soil suddenly turns into quicksand and we slowly sink into an unknown world.
Is a person an authentic human being? Are you truly free to make your own choices? Or do your surrounding, time and space determine who you are? And what you choose? Are you yourself? Or are you subject to the dreams of others?
In this new performance by Sandman, choreographer Sabine Molenaar and her four wonderful dancers deconstruct the reality we experience. Sabine peels off the layers and shows them. She adds her dream universe as an extra truth. Time, space and role seem interchangeable. Between dream and quicksand, even authenticity seems fluid.
- Concept & choreography: Sabine Molenaar
- Dance: Marcia Liu, Lisa Bless, Janosch Horn, Joséphine Terme
- Scenography & lighting design: Amber Vandenhoeck
- Animatronix: Gertjan Biasino
- Music: Jochem Baelus
- Costume: Joke Van de Casteele
- Trailer and photos: Britt Guns
- Production: Sandman
- Coproduction: DansBrabant
- Executive producer: Kosmonaut
- With the support of: Performing Arts Fund NL – Nieuwe Makers Regeling, ccBe, De Warande, C-Takt
- This initiative was made possible by Grensverleggers, an arrangement to support cultural collaborations between parties in Flanders, the Province of Noord-Brabant, the Province of Limburg and the Province of Zeeland
- Sandman/Sabine Molenaar works in a collaboration with DansBrabant & Kosmonaut.
With her company Sandman, Sabine Molenaar creates imaginative performances in which the associative logic of dreams rules. The world she creates is wonderfully unusual, but always recognisable. Sabine develops her performances from a specific state of mind. The body, in...