Touch me gives us a unique view into a dreamlike universe of a familiar, yet anonymous being. At first glance it seems it has come to terms with itself, but still it continues to struggle. In a bizarre series of images, burdened slowness as well as tranquil explosions of energy are depicted.
The many facets of “intimacy” are the guideline: the tenderness, the hardness, the vulnerability, the loneliness, but also the beauty and the solace of it.
What does intimacy do to yourself, to your body, to your self-image? And what happens if your intimacy clashes with someone else’s? Touch me sketches that quest in a chain of metamorphoses. Or the search(ing) itself as essence, in the fringe where you dance with your shadow, and where being naked flows seamlessly into being masked. In no time atmosphere, image, time and space switch. A non-taboo play with form and content that is contagious and mind-blowing at the same time. This way, Touch me also shows the opposite of things, and flirts with the borders of illusion and disillusion.
- Concept and direction: Sabine Molenaar
- Performer: Sabine Molenaar
- Music: Malik Djoudi & Julien Lepreux
- Light design: Filip Timmerman
- Scenography: Amber Vandenhoeck & Filip Timmerman
- Dramaturgy: Lena Meckler
- Produced by: Sandman vzw
- Executive production: Kosmonaut
- Coproduced by Workspacebrussels, Festival Cement/Vlaams Cultuurhuis de Brakke Grond, ACT Festival Bilbao, TAKT Dommelhof, DansBrabant
- With the support of the Flemish authorities and CAMPO
With her company Sandman, Sabine Molenaar creates imaginative performances in which the associative logic of dreams rules. The world she creates is wonderfully unusual, but always recognisable. Sabine develops her performances from a specific state of mind. The body, in...