Raaklijnen invites the audience onto a floorplan of coloured geometrical shapes. In this extraordinary world, three dancers guide you to explore the space between people.
What is the distance between you and the others surrounding you? An arm, one foot, a hair? How do you feel about being close to others or being far apart? The performance is like a playing a game, an event to experience together. You share the space with the dancers, they are your guides. Easily and playfully their movements show you the way. You end up in different positions on the floorplan and enjoy Raaklijnen from a fresh perspective each time.
Raaklijnen is a playful encounter with contemporary dance for all ages. Take part by sharing space and claiming your spot. Follow the body language of the dancers and read the signs of the shapes. Discover how you can connect to others.
Raaklijnen is created for children aged 7 and up, and their (grand)parents and teachers. Raaklijnen premiered on the 16th of February 2015 at Krokusfestival in Hasselt (BE).
- Creation: Katrien Oosterlinck
- Dance: Caroline Matthieu, Charlie Denat, Marisa Cabal
- Dance coach: Charlotte Vanden Eynde
- Artistic advisor: Alexandra Meijer
- Sound design: Pol Vanlaer
- Light design: Caroline Mathieu
- Costumes: Lies Marechal
- Graphic design: Sarah Vanbelle
- Production: keski.e.space & Kosmonaut
- Coproduction: CC Hasselt and Theatre a/h Vrijthof Maastricht in the context of P2-Interlimburgse grants
- Residencies: Cultuurcentrum Hasselt, Cultuurcentrum Berchem, STORMOPKOMST, De Veerman
- With the support of the Flemish authorities and the City of Antwerp
keskie.e.space creates dance performances on location, for a young audience. The company developed it’s own dance language that communicates with the audience through theatrical images. The alternation of recognizable daily movements and abstract dance movements makes this dance motion accessible, without...