Prozess Ausschwitz Peter Weiss
Prozess Ausschwitz Peter Weiss is a multi-format art project on the Holocaust centering on the work of Peter Weiss. This performance is a coproduction of Frankfurter Autoren Theater and Gallus Theater.
Taking the date of the first trial against Nazi-criminals in Germany as starting point and the work of the emigrant Jewish writer Peter Weiss as their material, it constructs a multifocal view on Auschwitz using different modes of presentation: interaction with the audience, who is transferred to the Auschwitz memorial in an imaginary visit; re-enactment of selected parts of the trial in which the language of the victims is presented as fragmented and spotty in contrast to the eloquence of the Nazi delinquents.
A surrealistic performance in which the elimination of Jewish people is imagined in the catatonic mind of a survivor. A sequence of short dialogues and scenes from Peter Weiss about the saturation and ignorance of the post-war German society.
- Text: Meine Ortschaft, Die Ermittlung, Aesthetik des Widerstands, Inferno
- Actors: Edgar M. Böhlke, Barbara Englert, Christine Dreier, Doris Fisch, Rosemarie Heller, Nedret Cinar, Thomas Schmitt-Zijnen
- Performance & singing: Annette Kohler-Welge
- Music: Beate Jatzkowski
- Direction: Ulrich Meckler
- Scenography: Clemens Teichmann
- Dramaturgy: Lena Meckler
- Assistance production: Kurt Petereit
- Co-production: Kosmonaut