It’s time is a piece for stage with three dancers and live musicians investigating, interrogating and manipulating the subjective experience of the passage of time. It proposes a break from our “linear”, chronometric life – a moment in the theatre to explore the sound and motion of diluted, vertical time.
With aesthetics inspired from graphic novels and their depiction of the passage of time in “fictional space”; the performers and musicians will speed up, slow down, freeze in motion and reverse their own movements, bringing into play the uncanny, dissociative elements of directionality, suspension and gravity that determine our perception of time and motion.
The meaning of the piece will be activated and animated by the rhythm of the viewer’s presence, through continuous movement, through anticipation, observation and recollection. It’s time will propose a break from our ‘linear’ life. A moment in the theatre to savour the sound and motion of diluted time.
What we have come to realize is that it is the uncanny quality that fascinates us is the manipulation of our sense of time.
- Idea: ACME /Albert Quesada, Federica Porello, Zoltán Vakulya & Octavi Rumbau
- Music composition: Octavi Rumbau
- Dance and Choreography: Albert Quesada, Federica Porello, Zoltán Vakulya
- Created with Marcus Baldemar
- Musicians: Miquel Bernat & Ensemble Funktion
- Light Design: Bert Van Dijck
- Costumes: Sofie Durnez
- Program Text: JS Rafaeli
- Production: ACME / Kosmonaut Production
- Co-Production: L’Auditori de Barcelona – Sampler Sèries, Charleroi Danses, TAKT Dommelhof
- With the support of: Flemish Authorities, Vlaamse Gemeenschapscommissie, wpZimmer, Kunstencentrum BUDA, STUK, El Graner
About ACME / Albert Quesada
Want to stay connected to ACME/Albert Quesada? Have a look at their website. (more…)