Nat Gras and DE MAAN joined forces to create the performance De Steltenloper (4+).
It is a performance where dancers and figures tell the story of the travel of a man on stilts. A young man makes huge stilts out of his small wooden house and departs on a journey through the whole wide world. He walks high above the trees, wades through the endless depths of the Pacific Ocean. The Grand Canyon glows in bright orange, at the North Pole everything is icy blue… During his fantastic journey trough out the world, the stiltwalker meets the craziest characters. In the end he returns home as a wise man and makes a brightfully coloured house out of his stilts.
The performance is based on Mattias De Leeuw’s The stilt walker and premiered on the first of March 2013 at the Krokusfestival in Hasselt (BE).
- Coproduction of DE MAAN and Nat Gras
- P2 – cultuurcentrum Hasselt and Theater a/h Vrijthof Maastricht in the context of Interlimburgse invention
- based on the children‘s book The stilt walker of Mattias De Leeuw
- Directed by Paul Contryn and Goele Van Dijck
- Choreography Goele Van Dijck
- Creation and dance/manipulation puppets Miguel Do Vale and Martina Griewank
- Scenography and figures Paul Contryn
- Puppets Paul Contryn and Lieve Van Luyck
- Music Frank Vaganée
- Scenography Stéphane Vloebergh and Dominique Defossez
- Production coordination Kosmonaut
- Costume advice Lies Marechal
- Internship Chiara Wickmayer
About Nat Gras
Want to stay connected to Nat Gras? Have a look at their website. Nat Gras wants everybody to enjoy dance, members of the audience and performers alike. Nat Gras steers clear of any showbiz glamour choosing instead to go in...