There are places everybody needs to go to sometime. Places where the most varied people come together. A dump or a recycling centre, for example. Because everybody throws away something that doesn’t fit in a trash can sometime.
These places are interesting, surprising, and astonishing. If you’re not too preoccupied by the things you want to chuck out, you can have a look at the people around you – good, pretty, funny people. Some are mad as a hatter, they are a bit different and quirky. Not everybody is who they appear to be at first sight. Still waters run deep. There are even people who, much like the things here, were discarded… because it seems that they can’t do certain things, or because they don’t belong. These people particularly have their own place here at the recycling centre.
This performance allows you to look at people and notice that we are all very different from one another.
With whom would you sort yourself?
- Concept and choreography: Alexandra Meijer and dancers
- Dance: Anna Zurkirchen, Charlie Denat, Coralie Meinguet, Indira Prada
- Supporting actors: Gytha Burman, Romeo Lothy, Roxette Chikua, Teofila Paluch
- Dramaturgy: Mieke Versyp
- Costums: Maartje van Bourgognie, Isa Janssens
- Music: Jochem Baelus
- Photo&video: Stefan Tavernier-Laurens
- Production assistant: Rebecca Rosseel
- Light and location: Lorelinde Hoet
- Production: keski.e.space & Kosmonaut
- Co-production: Zomer van Antwerpen
- Supported by: ccBe, Walpurgis, Stad Antwerpen, Provincie Antwerpen
- Special thanks to: containerpark Berchem
keskie.e.space creates dance performances on location, for a young audience. The company developed it’s own dance language that communicates with the audience through theatrical images. The alternation of recognizable daily movements and abstract dance movements makes this dance motion accessible, without...