Again The Sunset
Do you remember how real it was that time when we were both so colored by the sun?
Do you remember how real it was that time when we were both clouds?
Or we were one cloud rather,
a unified cloud, colored pink by the sunset.
Again The Sunset is where identity is multiplied over and over again by what it touches. It moves. It is a song, a speech and a story… It is a hard rock made hard when you hold it. It is quiet. And then it gets so loud.
Again The Sunset questions the concept of a love song and stretches its form to a physical and visual unfolding of events. Two performers on stage work together to present rational and abstract contemplations on intimacy through song, movement and musical encounters with materiality. The performance holds many of the characteristics of a concert. The sound world is extra present, physical and aware of its material sources; the inseparability of the body and voice reveals itself as does the inseparability of sound and materiality. By subtly merging casual intonations with minimal melodies, occasionally transforming them into song, a line is drawn between music and speech. A dance appears as a body remembers stories from the past, inseparable from stories of the present.
Again The Sunset exists in two editions, as performance and as concert.
- Concept and performance by: Inga Huld Hákonardóttir
- Music composition and performance: Yann Leguay
- Scenography: Inga Hákonardóttir & Yann Leguay
- Light design: Gregory Rivoux
- Artistic advice: Gaëtan Rusquet
- Special thanks to: Sandy Williams, Mette Edvardsen, Rósa Ómarsdóttir, Lucille Calmel, Théophile Gay-Mazas, Aymeric de Tapol, Zakaria Almutlak, Clive Mitchell
- Executive production: Kosmonaut
- Co-production: DeSingel, MDT Stockholm, Kunstenwerkplaats Pianofabriek
- With the support of: wpZimmer, STUK, CAMPO, Flemish Community Commission (VGC)
About Inga Hákonardóttir
Inga Huld Hákonardóttir was born in Höfn, Iceland, and now lives and works in Brussels. After graduating from P.A.R.T.S in 2014 she has worked within the field of performance as a performer, dancer and choreographer. As collaborator and performer Inga...